Date : 13 October 2022
Laser hair removal is one of the most common and comfortable cosmetic procedures used today to remove unwanted body hair. For individuals seeking a non-invasive method to get rid of or reduce unsightly body hair, it is a wonderful choice. Laser hair removal results can endure for years with the right pre-and post-treatment maintenance.
Here are some tips on how to optimize your results and minimize any negative side effects from laser hair removal treatment.
How should you prepare for laser hair removal?
- Speak with a dermatologist
You must first visit a dermatologist, just like you would for any other type of treatment. It's critical to comprehend and balance the risks and advantages of your particular skin type. Ask as many questions as you can at an in-person session, if at all possible. Learn how the treatment operates, talk about your expectations, and determine what the best result could be for you. Follow your doctor's recommendations if you decide to go with laser hair removal.
Please let your Best Dermatologist in Lucknow know if you are taking any medications, such as blood thinners, anti-inflammatory drugs, or antibiotics.
- Abandon other hair removal techniques.
To ensure success, avoid shaving your body four to six weeks before your laser treatment. Particularly with waxing, plucking, tweezing, and threading, since laser hair removal targets the hair's roots.
- Keep out of the sun.
Some people find that having tanned skin is attractive, but it is preferable to avoid the sun for a few weeks prior to the procedure, even with sunscreen. You will get a better result if you do this. As a result of UV exposure (hypopigmentation), white patches may appear as a result. Prior to your treatment, stay away from tanning beds, spray tans, and other tanning products.
- Avoid using cosmetics.
Chemicals like retinoids, AHA, salicylic acid, etc. are typically found in skincare products. It is better to stay away from skin bleaching, chemical peels, and skincare products.
For the greatest results, show up to the treatment with bare skin. Avoid using body serums, lotions, and, in particular, deodorants because they can interfere with laser therapy.
- What should you do following laser hair removal?
- Following therapy, the skin must be repaired. You must use the restorative gels your doctor has prescribed every day.
- For the first few weeks, take mild showers and stay away from tight clothing.
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days following the therapy. Don't forget to use sunscreen both inside and outside.
- Following treatment, redness and swelling are common and will eventually go away. For a few days, until the redness goes away, it is advised to refrain from using makeup or any other beauty items. Visit your doctor if the skin is not healed or exhibits signs of inflammation.
- Start exfoliating twice or three times a week for the first week after the treatment. Exfoliation aids in hair shedding in treated areas and lowers the likelihood of ingrowth.
- You can start applying cosmetics and other beauty items again two to three weeks after the procedure. Nevertheless, pay close attention to your skin; if you spot any rashes, it is recommended to see a doctor.
- You may require 2 to 6 follow-up sessions for laser hair removal depending on the rate at which your hair grows back. Usually, 4-6 weeks after starting the treatment, you start to see hair growing. It is advised that you attend all of your follow-up appointments to get the most out of your therapy. Contact us to speak with Dr. Neeraj Pandey for more information about the Skin specialist in lucknow.